Sometimes it is difficult to transfer files between an iPhone and a Windows PC unlike the community of Apple devices. The availability of the Airdrop feature made this easy for iOS devices to transfer files (even very large files) within a few seconds.
Personally, I use an iPhone but still like my Windows OS Laptop. Initially getting stuff from my phone to my laptop and vice versa was so complicated. The use of USB lightning cable didn’t help much. For instance, there were times where the Bokeh effect from my Portrait camera images got messed up, leaving the images without it. And this was so annoying.
I later found a quick and easy way to send files between IOS and Windows devices (any media or file) and works equally as fast as the Airdrop feature which I will take you through quickly today.
1. Download And Install IOSTransfer on Your PC
Quickly head to https://www.iotransfer.net/ and download the latest version of iOSTranfer software, follow the normal installation instruction dialogue box on your screen to install the software.
2. Install Apple Component
Since you happen to be a first time user, you will be required to install all the apple component. Some sort of drivers to help the software work easily. Wait for the software to finish the installation.
3. Method 1 (USB Method)
The first method to take you through when it comes to the IOS transfer is the USB method. Connect your Lightning Cable to your pc, wait for a few seconds, and the soft will recognize your device and activate the grayed icons on the taps.
From the image above, the manage tool is active giving you the opportunity to export and import different types of media and files (podcast, voice memos, album, single pics, videos, books, app, contacts, etc)
4. Air Transfer
The most important part of this tip is the Air Transferability (AirTrans) of the software. These are the things to do
- First, make sure both the pc and the ios device are connected to the same network
- Install ‘AirTrans’ from the Apps Store unto your ios device
- From your PC, click on Start AirTrans to start scanning with comes with a QR code waiting for the iOS devices as shown in the figure above
- On your iOS device click on ‘Send To PC’ to start scanning the QR Code.
- Once success connected, you can send files from PC to iOS device and vice versa.